Kitlinx Newsletter - Oct. 29, 2021 Happy Halloween!
Turner Collection - Kitlinx has received a 300 kits collection. About half of these kits are Out of Production. The other half is "absorbed" within the database. We have not yet entered a few dozen kits in bags at discounted prices. Coming shortly!
Kitlinx 3.0? Yes, we are working on this HUGE project. Kitlinx is not fully 'on the cloud' but we are close. You can now see on the "top red line" an added feature TOP 20 SELLERS with a drop-down box of Kitlinx top sellers in various categories. It's not fully clean yet, but we expect this feature to work by next week
Own a Part of History! Kitlinx is offering TWO Type A-2 Leather J.A. Dubow Jackets with signatures of 18 now-passed-away famous airmen. Most of them were from the Doolittle Raiders, two American Volunteer Group aces, and Colonel Tibbets from the Enola Gay. Loic owns one of the three jackets, and is offering the other two to serious collectors. This is a limited-time offer.
HINT: to view the CHANGES, just go to your browser history and click "Clear Recent History..."
Paul Bishop from Provo, Utah built this Wood Ship from China, 1/70 Soleil Royal. His comments are below
After 18 months, my 1/70 scale model of the Soleil Royal is finally finished. Actually I had a great time, the ship went together pretty much without any problems. The material and plans were first rate. The only thing I could fault is the castings as they aren't up to todays standards as fantastic results can be achieved with 3D printing. I am really happy with the result and it looks great in my display room
We are ASKING customers to send us your model pictures to be posted on our HOMEPAGE, or post the pictures on Kitlinx Facebook Build-Page where we could capture them!
$10 store credit will be issued when your picture is posted on the Kitlinx Homepage
Picture will be 1000x250 pixels - Kitlinx will format it for you
As this picture is ELONGATED, make sure most of your model is mostly on the right side (a gradient will be applied to the left)
PLEASE add a ONE COLOR BACKGROUND to the model. It's easier to manipulate in Photoshop to meet Kitlinx guidelines
HINT: close-up of details is BEST! We want to see your work! Be proud of your model, whatever your skills
Your Name/City/State will be posted to give credit-to-whom-it-belongs
You should tell us the Manufacturer/scale of the subject - an any pertinent information related to the displayed model.
By sending us the picture, you give authorization to Kitlinx to post that picture publicly
Kitlinx reserves the right to post the picture(s) when it is needed.
SUBJECT "First Time Customers/Order Processing Time":
Kitlinx is horribly slow. I made my order on October 5th and it still hasn't shipped. Checked status on the 7th and all but one item listed as reserved. Checked status again on the 12th and 3 items were missing from the order. I called and got a recorded message indicating email was the best way to make contact. I sent email on 10/14 to which I have not received a reply. On the 16th or so another item was added. By now I have quit checking status because it's meaningless. I checked status this morning after I got the invite to comment. I discover the order is now on hold with an email sent on 10/25 that I haven't received. I did get the invitation this morning so I know the email is correct. ???
As a first time customer, I'm having trouble thinking of a reason to order from Kitlinx again. Your communication with customers seems deliberately subdued and you don't answer emails. Right now all I want is to know what I have to do to get my order shipped?
RESPONSE from Kitlinx: Kitlinx wanted to show some "Constructive Criticism" and especially on this very COMMON subject of "order timing" - which is at the HEART OF KITLINX BUSINESS PHILOSOPHY (to offer 80,000 available products to our customers). First, it is a "First Time customer" - Please note that when you make an account with Kitlinx, you are taken to a page that explains how Kitlinx works, and YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT THE RULES before you complete your account.
Out of the 5 items that the customer ordered, 3 were in stock and immediately were ready to ship. 1 item was sourced in the US within a week. BUT ONE ITEM was sourced in Europe. It is a "Fly Models" that no-one has in the US! It takes TWO WEEKS for European orders
But an additional issue happened. The order was heavy, and the customer chose "Shipping Cost Calculated when order is packed". An email was sent but the customer did not receive it. Customer can often find that email in their "spam folder". But this has delayed the order ANOTHER WEEK...
Kitlinx has made THREE improvements to smooth-out this process:
Increase the "calculated shipping weight" from 4 lbs to 6 lbs - if you are overcharged, Kitlinx will credit shipping back
Kitlinx receives TWO types of online payments - Paypal or Credit Cards. Kitlinx only sees the last-4-digits of your credit card numbers. It is a Merchant Rule to avoid hacking of your personal information. Kitlinx has IMPROVED its security in the last couple weeks.
Kitlinx will show a BUTTON on the Online Order Status that the customer can push to notify that "Calculated Shipping Costs" are paid rather than sending an email response (should appear within a week)
Forrest, from Washington just earned $10 credit! - because it was tough subject!
So far I am satisfied with Kitlinx. My order did arrive fairly quickly but the US Mail seems to have slowed up. I did receive all that I had ordered except the item that is no longer available
Ed, from Minnessota just earned $5 credit!
Schiffer Book Sale Over 390+ books in stock, immediate shipping!
Click Here for Sale? Click here?
NOTE: ONLY IN STOCK SALE. Do not order MORE than what is listed, or it will be automatically cancelled and refunded
Space & Sci-Fi & Fantasy
As of Kitlinx new connection to the two MRS Hobbyshops, all these below tools/accessories/paints are IN STOCK
- NoScale - Xtracolor Paints - XOX025 - RAF Dark Slate Gray
- NoScale - Tamiya Accessories - TAM87114 - Paint Retarder (Acrylic) 40ml
- NoScale - Tamiya Accessories - TAM87095 - Tamiya Putty (White)
- NoScale - Tamiya Accessories - TAM81041 - Mixing Jar (One Jar)
- NoScale - Gunze Sangyo - GUZXC08 - XC08 Crystal Moonstone Pearl 18ml , GSI Mr Color XC
- NoScale - Gunze Sangyo - GUZXC07 - XC07 Turquoise Green 18ml , GSI Mr Color XC
- NoScale - Gunze Sangyo - GUZXC06 - XC06 Toumaline Green 18ml , GSI Mr Color XC
- NoScale - Gunze Sangyo - GUZXC05 - XC05 Sapphire Blue 18ml , GSI Mr Color XC
- NoScale - Gunze Sangyo - GUZXC04 - XC04 Amethyst Purple 18ml , GSI Mr. Color XC
- NoScale - Gunze Sangyo - GUZXC03 - XC03 Mr Crystal Ruby Red 18ml 6p
- NoScale - Gunze Sangyo - GUZXC02 - XC02 Topaz Gold 18ml , GSI Mr. Color XC
- NoScale - Xacto - XAX602 - No.2 Large Fine Point Blade (100/Bulk)
- NoScale - Woodland Scenic - WOO646 - Empty Accent Shakers (2)
- NoScale - Woodland Scenic - WOO638 - Briar Patch- Medium Green
- NoScale - Woodland Scenic - WOO637 - Briar Patch- Dry Brown
- NoScale - Woodland Scenic - WOO628 - Static Grass- Straw (12mm Bag)
- NoScale - Woodland Scenic - WOO624 - Static Grass- Straw (7mm Bag)
- NoScale - Woodland Scenic - WOO623 - Static Grass- Light Green (7mm Bag)
- NoScale - Woodland Scenic - WOO622 - Static Grass- Medium Green (7mm Bag)
- NoScale - Woodland Scenic - WOO621 - Static Grass- Dark Green (7mm Bag)
- NoScale - Woodland Scenic - WOO620 - Static Grass- Straw (4mm Bag)
- NoScale - Woodland Scenic - WOO619 - Static Grass- Light Green (4mm Bag)
- NoScale - Gunze Sangyo - GUZWC11 - Mr Weathering Color-Layr violet
- NoScale - Gunze Sangyo - GUZWC06 - Mr Weathering Color-Multi Gray
- NoScale - Gunze Sangyo - GUZPL02 - Mr Cement Limonene Pen Thin Tp
- NoScale - Gunze Sangyo - GUZB603 - Mr. Premium Top Coat Flat 88ml (Spray)
- NoScale - Gunze Sangyo - GUZB602 - Mr. Premium Top Coat Semi-Gloss 88ml (Spray)
- NoScale - Gunze Sangyo - GUZB601 - Mr. Premium Top Coat Gloss 88ml (Spray)
- NoScale - Atlas Brush Company - ABSRG104 - RG-104 Taklon 4pc Detail Set
- NoScale - Atlas Brush Company - ABSREDFOX - RED FOX Red Sable 3-pc Brush Set
- NoScale - Atlas Brush Company - ABSR0003 - (D) 3-OX Flat Ox Hair Set 3pc
- NoScale - Atlas Brush Company - ABS800F - 800F 5-pc Pro Golden Taklon Flat Brush
- NoScale - Atlas Brush Company - ABS728I50 - 728-I 5/0 Fine Red Sable 1 per bag
- NoScale - Atlas Brush Company - ABS728100 - 728 I -10/0 Red Sable 10/0 XF
- NoScale - Atlas Brush Company - ABS58B - 58B Red Sable 3pc Brush Set 10/0-5/0-0
- NoScale - Atlas Brush Company - ABS55 - 55 3-Pc Set Taklon 10/0 ,0 ,1
- NoScale - Atlas Brush Company - ABS30CY - 30-CY Brush Cylinder Asst Dlx Camel Hair #1-6
- NoScale - Atlas Brush Company - ABS306PS - 306 - 6Pc Set Camel #'S 1 2 3
- NoScale - Atlas Brush Company - ABS2553PS - 255-3PS: 5/0,10/0,20/0 Taklon Detailing Brushes (3)
- NoScale - Atlas Brush Company - ABS1554PS - 155-4PS 4-PC Golden Takion Detail Set
- NoScale - Atlas Brush Company - ABS152I3 - 152-I-3 #3 Taklon Flat Brush 1-bag
- NoScale - Atlas Brush Company - ABS152-I 1 - 152-I 1 #1 Taklon flat brush 1-bag
- NoScale - Atlas Brush Company - ABS1025 - 1025 Camel Hair 5-pc Set
- NoScale - Atlas Brush Company - ABS0163PS - 016-3PS Detail Round Taklon 3-pcs
Hot Pre-Orders Alert!
These are the hottest Pre-Orders coming in upcoming weeks/months!
Kinetic Models KIN48085 1/48 F-16I SUFA (STORM) with IDF Weapons coming this week!
1/32 - Border Models - BRMBF10 - Avro Lancaster B Mk.I/III with full interior (LIMITED former Wingnut Wings)
NOTE: The price of this kit is still not fully settled. Kitlinx is showing the highest price due to announcements from various suppliers
1/35 - Tamiya - TAM35376 - M18 Hellcat US Tank Destroyer (Expected DEC)
1/16 - Das Werk - DW16001 - Sturmgeschutz III G - December 2021
1/35 - Trumpeter Models - TSM9513 - 5cm Flak 41 auf Sfl. Sd.Kfz.7/2
[Kitlinx is still working on its LEFT COLUMN searches. This work will be completed as soon as "Kitlinx-on-the-clouds" is working smoothly]
Let me add some "tricks" to the POWERFUL search engine of Kitlinx (the SEARCH BOX at the TOP of the website). Below are the KEYS to search ~ 80,000 available products
(63% in US, 37% in Europe)
1. Use the top box search on Homepage
2. Use several keywords separated by spaces to zero-in your search "1/48 spitfire aircraft_model" (59 kits)
3. Use the underscore "_", like armor_models or Tamiya_ or aircraft_accessor "1/48 spitfire aircraft_access" (456 accessories)
4. Use keyword "instock" to JUST search for in-stock items
5. If you are searching for SALE items, use the keyword "~special~"
6. Don't forget the Manufacturer's link on TOP of each Product-Page. It quickly shows ALL available product from the same manufacturer
7. DO NOT use the asterisk "*"